Dog Lovers

Hi All
My dogs have a little problem..... flatulence, but its becoming a big problem as they are in door dogs and not nice at all:eek:

My dogs are fed roast/cooked chicken dinner and dog biscuits, never canned food. Healthy doggy treats every morning

Still trying to work what biscuits are best??

What do you feed your dogs?

I have been told never feed them canned dog food.

I don't understand why they are having issues considering what I feed them.

What would you do, and don't suggest stitch their xxxx, cos that wont work.:)

MTR:)

I feed mine biscuits - I change the brand regularly so she gets some variety. We give her treats and bones regularly too.

She is 14 and has been having 'accidents', but not a lot of gas.

My ex-flatmate had a german shepherd and fed him once a day on kangaroo meat.

Fed at 2pm everyday and got a treats at 9pm.

No flatulence at all!

Btw i'm looking at getting a french bulldog and looking at pedigrees,i'm looking at 1.5k to 6k :eek:

I don't feed mine wet food as it goes straight through them. I've used http://www.holisticselect.com.au/ for the past few years and found it to be good. It's a bit expensive but I was sold on all the benefits.

They also rarely get human food or treats and find they don't have too much wind. Though, when they do they can clear the room in no time at all.

I feed mine biscuits - I change the brand regularly so she gets some variety. We give her treats and bones regularly too.

She is 14 and has been having 'accidents', but not a lot of gas.

My dog cost me close to $3000 as a bone got stuck in her oesophagus, they managed to push it down to her stomach and then she required an operation to remove it. Vet told me dogs should never be fed any bones cooked or not cooked that there is always risk from splinters or worse, my experience, costly

On the bright side, when you fart, you can always blame the dog. :)

My husband needs to read this - I blamed a stink on the dogs the other night and he was like "sorry, that was me"... He didn't even have to own up to it!

I feed mine barf, was the best product I could find, lots of bones as well nothing processed as natural as possible.

http://www.barfaustralia.com

The debate over dog food seems never ending

I tried feeding my dogs barf, but my dogs who are golden retrievers and eat just anything given the chance wouldn't touch the barf. No idea why they wouldn't touch it as it smelt pretty good for dog food.

My ex-flatmate had a german shepherd and fed him once a day on kangaroo meat.

Fed at 2pm everyday and got a treats at 9pm.

No flatulence at all!

Btw i'm looking at getting a french bulldog and looking at pedigrees,i'm looking at 1.5k to 6k :eek:

I think you will be looking at around 6K mark, they are very popular now, very cute.
Would you go a shelter dog, so many dogs need loving homes.

Some dogs just fart more than others. We have two: a German Shepherd and a Japanese spitz that we rescued. They are fed exactly the same. The German Shepherd never farts--he just burps a lot. You can set your clock on the little Japanese spitz farting--he starts at about 7 pm and doesn't let up until about 9 pm.:)

You have to be in control of the dog as you are the master,DO NOT let the dog dominate,as your messing with the pack.

Don't feed it tit-bits,feed at the same time,when taking walks don't let it make you run or hurry,do not let it sleep on your bed or have it on your lap.Just a few examples other wise you will have behaviour problems.

Would you go a shelter dog, so many dogs need loving homes.

Yes MTR,i have considered that as well and have done so in the past.

I'm not after a mixed breed,though i may consider it though erring towards a staffy via the shelter if i can get one.

Thanks Dave,i'll do a search...I'm after a small dog that i can take to work as well in my work car.

I couldn't leave the dog at home alone.

I tried feeding my dogs barf, but my dogs who are golden retrievers and eat just anything given the chance wouldn't touch the barf. No idea why they wouldn't touch it as it smelt pretty good for dog food.

2 different pet stores both said it was high quality stuff and when you look at the ingredients there isn't much in it really except for meat. Every time I open it up it always smells really fresh. My dog loves it but she eats anything anyway

Like every other industry there would be alot of push from manufacturers to pet stores to get staff to sell their product ...with generous margins and incentives worked into the deal to get the volume of sales, so even if the young girl in the pet store is swearing to you that this is best thing you can feed your pooch, you will probably never know really for sure if it is

When I think of how little I know I about pet food I also think that it's in the same boat as moisturiser, because who really knows what is in moisturiser? You go into myer and David jones and ask for the best and they hand you the "best" then you go home and rub it on your face but you never really know what your rubbing on your face. You just hope it's the best and you hope that it's moisturiser

Last edited:
On 2ue today there was a vet who said that excess wind in dogs could be from the way they eat their food. Ie. gulping to much air as they eat.

Her suggest was to scatter the food in small amounts around.

Back