Dog Lovers

Vet on I plates?

From what i've seen from a dog pigging out,there is no excess wind.

Scattering food around,what great advice..Not!

You have 2 dogs?Only joking.

I agree,my ex-flatmate used to give his dog tuna instead of kangaroo meat with dry biscuits and yes,no probs.

Another suggestions is chickens necks and rice,not daily though.Once a fortnight or weekly.

I'm a big believer in BARF as well. I make my own. I use raw meat, offal and veggies made into a rissole type texture which I freeze into meal sized portions - I'm sure my Thermomix consultant never thought making petfood was a selling point :).

I add some raw bones to this (chicken necks, wings or lamb/beef/pork offcuts).

Less trumpeting and firmer nuggets on the lawn to pick up :cool:

On 2ue today there was a vet who said that excess wind in dogs could be from the way they eat their food. Ie. gulping to much air as they eat.

I agree with this. Our little spitz (the farter) gulps his food in two seconds flat--he doesn't chew; he just swallows. Our German Shepherd, who eats very slowly, never farts.

Our cat died recently and I was considering a new dog...perhaps a pug....maybe not now :D

haha - nah, they're great dogs. They make all sort of amusing sounds.

They are quite smart - very food driven so pretty easy to train.

We haven't had any health issues (touch wood) - all major vet expenses have been due to them eating things they shouldn't (which arguably is our fault - but it's impossible to monitor them 24/7 and they can be quite naughty!)

They struggle in the heat - so need to watch them closely in summer. They shed a lot too - I'm constantly using the lint roller.

Cheers

Jamie

Man,i'm having a brain fart,what's the one that's white with large snout?

I'm multi-tasking atm.

Ps.errr Found it,bull terrier.

Back