Understand the math ~ Diet vs Exercise

Are you doing this with a gym, trainer, or self?
Self. I have my own program that I have done before and works well. Also, it helps that I have a heap of gym equipment set up in my house ;)

Mon: Ride to work & home, workout.
Tue: Ride to work & home, run training.
Wed: Workout.
Thu: Ride to work & home, run training.
Fri: Ride to work & home.
Sat/Sun: walk.

I have been doing this for 2 weeks and it's going well so far.

Downloaded the Freeletics App to give it a try for a few weeks, its apparently a simple workout with no equipment (maybe something to hang off when you get to chin-ups) that can be done most anywhere

First workout is...:(

10 Burpees-10 Mountain Climbers-10 Knee High Jumps
25 Burpees-25 Mountain Climbers-25 Knee High Jumps

Timed so you can review again later, video standards on the app

Self. I have my own program that I have done before and works well. Also, it helps that I have a heap of gym equipment set up in my house ;)

Mon: Ride to work & home, workout.
Tue: Ride to work & home, run training.
Wed: Workout.
Thu: Ride to work & home, run training.
Fri: Ride to work & home.
Sat/Sun: walk.

I have been doing this for 2 weeks and it's going well so far.

You're doing way more than NegaCoach at the moment! :(

Flat out getting 2 rides a week at the moment!

pinkboy

Whats a burpee?

Throw yourself face down on the floor, do a push-up, jump back up to your feet, jump in the air and clap your hands behind your head...repeat until out of breath and nauseas ;)

Actually here's how they should be done link

PS: I think this must be Computer Generated stuff, they are not as easy as he makes them look :mad:

First workout is...:(

25 Burpees-25 Mountain Climbers-25 Knee High Jumps
Yipes! I'm still on beginner stuff. I would hope to be able to do that after 12 weeks. I'm coming off a really low base :(

Sounds like a great workout though! Let us know how it goes.

Into my second week. First week was mixed results. Everything went well until Wednesday night when I woke up sick :(

I had a couple of days off to recover. I started measuring my HRV every morning from Saturday. No idea what to do with the data though :confused:

Ah well, start of a new week and hope it goes better this week.

Into my second week. First week was mixed results. Everything went well until Wednesday night when I woke up sick :(

I had a couple of days off to recover. I started measuring my HRV every morning from Saturday. No idea what to do with the data though :confused:

Ah well, start of a new week and hope it goes better this week.

Sucker :cool:

New workout last night. It was a good one. :cool:
Same here; a whole family block of hazelnut Cadbury to myself.

It was harder than the normal size, but I managed it.

2 glasses of whine helped.

Had a bit of left elbow and jaw soreness this morning.

Gunna do a split routine tonight - bucket of M&M's, and 3 glasses of wine with my right hand.

That's probably too much, even one 20 repper will destroy most people.

Maybe I'm doing to much as I follow that with 3 x 20 on the legpress, then 3 x 20 lunges plus 3 x 20 hamstring curls and 3 x sets pushing the sled with 40kg on top :eek:

Then shoulders after that, same deal 3 x 20 x 4.

All preceded with 3 x 3 minutes on the bag (muay thai)

I haven't looked into it in detail but

"Fast Exercise: The Simple Secret of High-Intensity Training" Book by Michael Mosley advocates a new revolution in fitness. Lose weight and dramatically improve your health with high intensity training?just ten minutes a day apparently!
I liked his 5:2 diet (intermittent fasting), works for me so I will need to research the exercise part...
Has anyone tried it?

Back